Sign In

Blog

Latest News

Crew called to Dartmouth chimney fire

A FIRE crew from Dartmouth was sent to a home in the town after the occupant reported that they could smell burning behind their gas fire since lighting a boiler.

The incident in Lower Street was reported at 7.52pm on Saturday.

Shortly after arriving and investigating, the crew confirmed there was a fire in the flue behind the gas fire and set to work isolating the gas before cutting away at the cement board in order to locate the fire.

The crew used one hose reel jet, chimney gear, small tools and a thermal imaging camera to put out the fire at 8.40pm.

Once it had been fully checked and made safe, duty of care was left with the owner.

Related Posts